The core of Dr. Boeriu’s success is attributable to his extensive experience. The foundation was laid by the completion of his Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 1997 at CWRU School of Dental Medicine in the USA. Dr. Boeriu subsequently completed the Misch International Implant Institute in 2001 and received a Ph.D. in Medical Sciences in 2001. In 2016 he specialized in Periodontics at CWRU School of Dental Medicine while completing an MSc. Throughout his education, Dr. Boeriu received many awards and has continued to receive professional recognition throughout his career.
Dr. Sorin Boeriu, DDS, MSD, PHD
Dr. Boeriu is a certified periodontist in Canada and the USA. The scope of his practice includes dental implantology, the non-surgical and surgical treatment of periodontal diseases, periodontal tissue regeneration and periodontal soft tissue grafting. He has extensive experience in the surgical placement of dental implants, including immediate implants and computer-guided implant surgery, hard tissue grafting (including guided bone regeneration and maxillary sinus augmentation), complicated extractions and soft tissue grafting.
In addition to his private practice, Dr. Boeriu is actively involved in education through teaching and his involvement in several professional associations.
Dr. Boeriu runs regular Study Clubs for dentists practising in the Kitchener Waterloo Guelph area (Canada) and Detroit (USA), who are interested in expanding their knowledge base in periodontics and implant dentistry. Furthermore, Dr. Boeriu is actively involved in dental research, as well as lecturing at national and international dental meetings.
As a clinician and an academic, Dr. Boeriu’s exceptional practice is realized because his extensive clinical experience is paired with his involvement in research. He is up to date in the most current science and technology in Periodontics and implant dentistry.
|2018||MsD||Master of Science in Dentistry, Case western Reserve University, Cleveland Ohio USA|
|2017||MSD||Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA
Graduate Periodontal Program
|2011||PhD||University of TirguMures, Romania
The Effect of Low Level Laser Therapy on Bone Regeneration After
Implant Placement and Socket Grafting With a Particulate Bone Allograft
|1997||DDS||Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA|
|1993||BSc||University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Certificates and Licenses
|Ms in Dentistry||CWRU School Of Dental Medicine, Cleveland Ohio , USA|
|Diplomat||International Congress of Oral Implantology|
|Fellow||American Academy of Implant Dentistry|
|Fellow||International Congress of Oral Implantology|
|Fellow||Misch International Implant Institute|
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- Ohio Dental Association ( USA)
- Canadian Dental Association (CDA)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Canadian Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
Lectures (Advanced Continuing Education Centre for Implant and Periodontal Surgery)
|2019||Tel Aviv Israel||Immediate implant placement in compromised esthetic sites; factors for clinical success|
|2019||Detroit Ohio||Socket preservation : luxury or necessity|
|2019||Kitchener, Ontario||Surgical versus Nonsurgical periodontal treatment: concepts and treatment strategies|
|2019||Kitchener, Ontario||Etiology and diagnosis of periodontal and peri implant disease.
The new Classification System for Periodontal and Peri implant Diseases.
|2018||Kitchener, Ontario||Diagnosis and prognosis in periodontal therapy|
|2018||Toronto, Ontario||American R & D Institute of implantology / Immediate implant placement|
|2018||Toronto, Ontario||Soft tissue grafting for teeth and implants|
|2017||Kitchener, Ontario||Physiological dimension of the gingiva / functional and cosmetic crown lengthening|
|2016||Cleveland, Ohio, USA||Physiological dimension of the gingiva / functional and esthetic crown lengthening|
|2016||Akron, Ohio, USA||Soft tissue grafting / Non carious cervical lesions / diagnosis and treatment|
|2016||Brasov, Romania||Soft tissue grafting using acellular matrix / diagnosis and treatment of non carious cervical lesions|
|2016||Kitchener, Ontario||Soft tissue grafting using Alloderm( Acellular dermal matrix)|
|2015||Kitchener, Ontario||Peri-implantitis diagnosis and treatment|
|2014||Kitchener, Ontario||Peri-implant maintenance|
|2013||Cambridge, Ontario||Non-carious cervical lesions / diagnosis and treatment|
- Boeriu S Bissada N 2020 Clinical periodontology and Implant Surgery Literature Review ( book in print )
- Boeriu S Alloderm a biomaterial for the treatment of carious and previously restored cervical lesions associated with Miller Class I and Class II recession defects Spectrum Dental team work Vol12 nr 2 March 2019
- Brawn P, Kwong-HIng A, Boeriu S and Clokie CM. Accelerated implant stability after LED photobiomodulation. J Dent Res (Spec Issue B) 2021, 2008
- Boeriu S. Effect of Low Level Laser therapy on repair of extraction sockets grafted with a particulate bone allograft (histological study). Acta Medica Marisiensis Volume 56, No 4, 2010
- Boeriu S. The effects of Low Level Laser therapy on osseointegration of dental implants. Acta Medica Marisiensis Volume 56, No 6, 2010
- Boeriu S. Resonance Frequency Analysis of dental implant stability during healing period (a clinical study). Acta Medica Marisiensis Volume 57, No 1, 2011